If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 250 grams (one box) of Bontasana Sorghum Casarecce
- 100-120 grams turnip greens, cleaned (from 500 grams)
- 25 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- ½ fresh chili pepper (optional), minced and seeds removed
- 4 gluten-free Taralli biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- Salt to taste
Remove the large leaves from the turnip greens, keeping only the florets and smaller leaves. In a large pot, bring plenty of water to a boil and blanch the florets and leaves for 1 minute. Remove the greens from the water with a skimmer and purée half the greens in a blender.
In the same water in which you cooked the greens, cook the Sorghum Casarecce according to the package directions.
In a large non-stick sauté pan, pour in the oil, add the crushed garlic and brown for a couple of minutes on low-medium heat. Add the chili, salt, turnip greens and puréed greens. Combine and let the flavors unite in the pan for 1 minute or less.
Drain the Casarecce and transfer it to the pan with the turnip greens, reserving a few tablespoons of the pasta water. Fold the pasta into the mixture and add the cooking water as necessary. Remove the garlic and serve the Casarecce garnished with the Taralli breadcrumbs.
Recipe by Francesca Bettoni
Beauty Food Blog