If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 250 grams (one packet) of Sorghum Mezze Maniche Bontasana
- 1 small butternut squash
- 200 grams fresh rocket leaves
- 250 grams unsweetened soya yoghurt
- 2 handful of toasted cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (gluten-free)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- toasted cashews and almonds for garnish (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt to taste
Cook the pumpkin in an oven or air fryer at 180°C for an hour (depending on model, it will take less time in an air fryer).
Put the pasta water on to boil and, in the meantime, cut the cooked pumpkin into cubes and remove all seeds. Sauté in a pan with salt and extra virgin olive oil until crispy.
Put the pasta in the pan to cook while you prep the sauce: blend the rocket with salt, oil, yogurt, garlic, cashews and lemon, adjust the consistency with a little water if necessary.
Drain the Mezze Maniche a few minutes before cooking time and finish off in the pan with the rocket pesto and nutritional yeast flakes.
Plate up and garnish with the diced pumpkin and dried fruit. Buon appetito!
Recipe by Eleonora Gabbarini