If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 250 grams (one box) of Bontasana White Corn, Turmeric, and Sarawak Pepper Maccheroni
- 200 grams chickpeas, cooked
- 350 grams tomato sauce
- ½ celery stalk, peeled and diced small
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced small
- 60 grams scallions (white only) or ½ onion, diced small
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, sprig removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1 small sprig of fresh rosemary, sprig removed and leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
In a large pot or saucepan, heat the oil along with the garlic clove and add the bay leaf and a pinch of salt. Add the diced vegetables and sauté over low heat for about 3 minutes until the garlic has a golden color.
Meanwhile, coarsely chop the chickpeas with a knife and add them to the sauté mixture along with the tomato sauce and rosemary. Stir and cook for about 20 minutes over low heat. Towards the end of the cooking time, season with salt to taste.
Remove from heat and take out the garlic and bay leaf. Add the thyme and stir to incorporate.
According to the package directions, cook the White Corn, Turmeric, and Sarawak Pepper Maccheroni in plenty of boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer the Maccheroni to the sauce mixture and combine well.
Serve the Maccheroni hot with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (optional) and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
Recipe by Carlotta Perego