If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 120 grams Bontasana White Corn, Turmeric and Sarawak Pepper Fusilloni
- 500 grams escarole, washed and roughly chopped
- 400 grams cannellini beans, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, minced, seeds removed
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil + additional for serving
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, stem removed and leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan with the clove of garlic and chili pepper. Add the cooked cannellini beans and continue sautéing for 5 minutes over medium heat.
Meanwhile, place a large pot with plenty of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Add the escarole to the boiling water and blanch for 1 minute. Then using a slotted spoon, transfer the escarole to the pan with the beans, add a pinch of salt and continue cooking for another 8 to 10 minutes, adding a few tablespoons of the pasta/escarole water (you can also use vegetable broth).
Bring the water in which you blanched the escarole to a boil, add the White Corn, Turmeric and Sarawak Pepper Fusilloni and cook them according to the package directions.
Drain the Fusilloni and add them to the escarole and beans. Continue cooking for another minute, remove the garlic and add the fresh thyme leaves.
Serve the soup hot with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe by Francesca Bettoni
Beauty Food Blog