If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 250 grams (one box) of Bontasana White Corn, Turmeric, and Sarawak Pepper Fusilli
- 80 grams sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 80 grams spreadable vegetable cheese (homemade or store bought)
- 80 grams chickpeas, cooked
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- ½ chili pepper
- A pinch of ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
Place the sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling water, drain and then transfer them to a hot pan with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a garlic clove. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes and transfer them to a small blender together with the spreadable cheese and the sesame oil. Emulsify with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water or vegetable broth.
Blend until smooth and creamy and set aside.
In the same pan, heat a tablespoon of oil with the remaining garlic clove and chili pepper. When the oil is hot, add the chickpeas, sweet paprika and cumin. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat. Stir and sauté so chickpeas are well coated and flavored with the spices.
Meanwhile, cook the White Corn, Turmeric, and Sarawak Pepper Fusilli in plenty of boiling water according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and stir in the sweet potato cream. Serve with the hot spiced chickpeas.
Recipe by Carlotta Perego