If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 250 grams (one box) of Bontasana White Corn Pennette Rigate
- 6 Perini or San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, inner germ removed
- 1 small fresh red chili pepper, spice level to your taste, seeds removed
- 25 grams extra virgin olive oil + additional for serving
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves finely chopped
- Vegan Parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
- Salt to taste
Wash the tomatoes, cut the skins and blanch in boiling water for about 30 seconds. Then transfer the tomatoes to a bowl of ice water and peel off the skins.
Together with the clove of garlic and red chili pepper, place just over half the tomatoes in a blender and purée.
Chop the remaining tomatoes and add them to a large bowl with the basil, oregano, extra virgin olive oil and the puréed tomatoes. Season with salt and set aside.
Cook the White Corn Pennette Rigate in a large pot with plenty of boiling water. Drain halfway through the suggested cooking time.
Transfer the prepared tomato sauce to a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add in the Pennette. Finish cooking the pasta in the pan with the sauce. If necessary, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water.
Stir in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of the grated vegan cheese. Serve with a few shavings of the vegan Parmesan and some fresh oregano leaves.
Recipe by Francesca Bettoni
Beauty Food Blog