If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 250 grams (one box) of Bontasana White Corn Mezze Maniche
- 500 grams Perino tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Pantelleria capers
- 15–20 fresh basil leaves (a small bunch)
- 20–30 grams almonds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, germ removed
- ½ fresh chili pepper, seeded
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
If the capers are salted, place them in a bowl of cold water for at least 30 minutes. Then rinse them thoroughly and spread them out on a clean cloth or paper towels to dry.
Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water, then shock them in ice water and peel them. Remove the seeds, place the pulp in a colander and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Let drain for 20 to 30 minutes.
Crush the peeled garlic in a mortar and pestle along with the chili pepper, basil, almonds, capers and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the tomato pulp, remaining oil and stir. Season to taste with salt and set it aside to rest.
Cook the White Corn Mezze Maniche in plenty of boiling water according to the package directions. Drain, transfer to a bowl and coat with the pesto Pantesco.
Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh basil and cherry tomatoes if desired and serve.
Recipe by Francesca Bettoni
Beauty Food Blog