If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 250 grams (one box) of Bontasana White Corn Maccheroni
- 700 grams yellow bell peppers
- 30–35 grams white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, minced and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and germ removed
- 35 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 50 millilitres unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 220 °C (428 °F)
Wash and dry the peppers. Place them whole on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast in oven for about 30 minutes until they have browned on the outside.
Remove peppers from oven, wrap them tightly with aluminum foil or parchment paper and let cool for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan over medium heat and add the sliced onion, chili pepper and garlic with a pinch of salt. Sauté for a couple of minutes, then add the non-dairy milk and let simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Unwrap the peppers from the foil, peel them and remove the seeds.
Place the peppers, 3 sprigs of marjoram (stems removed) and the garlic and chili sauce into the pitcher of a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy and add in the nutritional yeast. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the White Corn Maccheroni in a large pot with plenty of water according to the package directions. Drain when al dente. Transfer the pasta to the hot pan and season with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the creamy pepper sauce.
Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped pistachios and fresh marjoram leaves.
Recipe by Francesca Bettoni
Beauty Food Blog