If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 120 grams Bontasana White Corn, Turmeric, and Sarawak Pepper Fusilloni
- 1.2 litres vegetable broth
- 150 grams red lentils
- 150 grams Tuscan kale, curly kale or spinach, cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced small or sliced thin
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 centimetre piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red hot chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garam masala or Indian curry powder
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the diced red onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, mustard and optional minced chili pepper and cook for an additional minute.
Mix in the garam masala with a wooden spoon and cook for another minute. Increase the heat and add the red lentils, coating well with the spices. Pour in the vegetable broth and simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally and adding more broth if necessary.
Fold in the Tuscan kale and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes. (If using spinach, add during the last minute of cooking).
Roughly 5 minutes before the lentil soup is done, begin cooking the White Corn, Turmeric, and Sarawak Pepper Fusilloni in a pot of boiling water. Drain the Fusilloni two minutes before the suggested cooking time on the package expires and transfer the pasta to the lentil soup. Continue cooking for another minute or two until the Fusilloni are done. Remove the garlic and serve the soup hot.
Recipe by Francesca Bettoni
Beauty Food Blog