If you like this recipe, please tag @bontasanapasta in your stories.
Ingredients · Serves 4
- 250 grams (one box) of Sorghum Casarecce Bontasana
- ½ long red radicchio (40 grams clean leaves)
- 1 garlic clove
- 25 grams walnuts
- 30 grams extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon for the orange peel
- 2 tablespoons creamy or spreadable vegan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cold water vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- zest of ½ organic orange
- a vegan alternative to parmesan cheese to taste
Rinse the radicchio, dry it in a salad centrifuge and remove the white, bitter, and hard part.
In a small food processor or blender, pour the oil and add the clean radicchio, walnuts, peeled garlic, vegan cheese, salt, and a pinch of pepper. Blend until you get a creamy sauce. Pour the water to emulsify until you get a thick and creamy mixture.
Peel the orange with a potato peeler, remove the white and bitter part if present, and cut the peel into strips.
In a non-stick pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the orange peel. Let it fry for about a minute, then transfer the peel to a sheet of absorbent paper. Meanwhile, cook the Sorghum Casarecce in plenty of boiling water.
Drain, season with the radicchio sauce, and serve with the fried orange peel and vegan parmesan flakes.
Recipe by Francesca Bettoni
Beauty Food Blog